Its been a while since I posted the last recipe. I have not been regular to the blog because we moved from Ohio to Florida. A big change 🙂
So, after settling into the new place I finally got some time to come up with this quick recipe:)
This Pistachio & Cranberry Brittle is so easy to make and perfect for holiday seasons. This is a traditional Christmas candy.:) As a kid, I only had peanut brittle in my home, and it was one of my favorite thing to eat. In india, during winters, you can find Peanut & sesame seed Brittle on most of the snack vendors. But, as you know that change is always good 🙂 So, I changed this peanut brittle recipe with Pistachio & Cranberries. Dried cranberries is an easily available option and Pistachio is so aromatic and contrast beautifully with cranberries. The flavor of these two ingredients scrumptiously compliment each other.
Pistachio & Cranberry Brittle is also a great holiday gift to your dear ones when especially it is homemade. 🙂 This recipe has a long shelf life so you can leave this on your kitchen counter in an air tight container. Just 3 ingredients & very little time makes a flavorful, a little crunchy & luscious recipe. So, lets start making this Pistachio & Cranberry Brittle.
This Pistachio & Cranberry Brittle is ready to serve or pack for the holiday season. 🙂
Pistachio & Cranberry Brittle
- Pistachio( No shell) - 1/4 Cup
- Dried Cranberries - 1/4 Cup
- Sugar - 1 Cup ( You can choose Jaggery instead of Sugar)
- Water- 2 Tbsp
- A Cookie Sheet & Parchment/Butter Paper
- Lined a baking sheet with parchment/butter paper and set aside.
- In a pan, take sugar & water on a medium-low flame.
- Lets sugar melt completely and caramelized. It will take a little time to caramelized.
- When sugar is in brown color and caramelized, put the pistachio & Cranberries and mixed them.
- Now transfer this mix on lined up parchment paper. Be cautious, melted sugar is very high in temperature.
- spread it with a spatula and let it cool down completely. You can cut it in any shape you want or just roughly brick them with the hands.
A rainy day, a little chilly weather and I can sit back for a long time and relax with this hot Turmeric Corn-Coconut soup all day. 🙂 The flavor of corn & coconut makes you calm & energize. My little one is a big time Soup lover in my home. I’ve tried others soup combinations but this soup gave me that perfect taste I was trying to make for a long time. And guess what, this Turmeric Corn-Coconut soup passed my little one’s criteria with flying colors. 🙂 This healthy & flavorful soup makes everyone happy including the little foodies.
I used turmeric in my soup for two reasons. First, this herb is an antibiotic and has many other nutritions, although long used in Ayurvedic Medicines to treat various diseases. Second, turmeric powder gives a nice color to any food. Corn & coconut makes a perfect combo especially when it comes to a soup recipe. Both ingredients have a mild sweet flavor and I mixed these delicious ingredients with other healthy veggies. Use of a little piece of red pumpkin, onion, potato, ginger & some black pepper corns added this soup in my all time favorite list. 🙂
Believe me this Turmeric Corn-Coconut soup will appetize your tastebuds. You can make this quick recipe anytime and relish this hot & scrumptious Soup.
See you next
Turmeric Corn-Coconut Soup
- 1 Cup - Corn Kernels ( I used fresh corn and a full corn)
- 1 Can - Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup - Red Pumpkin ( in chunks)
- 1/2 Onion
- 1- Potato ( I used Red Potato)
- 1 Tbsp - Ginger
- 1/2 tsp - Garlic
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 8-10 - Black Pepper Corns
- Salt to your taste
- This recipe is for 2 people, so you can adjust the amount of ingredients according to your need.
- First, collect all the corn kernels from the corn, in case you are using a full corn. ( you can use frozen corn kernels too).
- In a nonstick pan, put corn kernels, coconut milk, onion, potato, ginger, garlic, salt, turmeric powder & black pepper corns and let them boil for 10 -15 minutes on medium flame.
- Check in intervals, when Pumpkin & Potato are fully cooked then switch off the flame and cool down the veggies for couple of minutes.
- Now, grind this vegetable stew in grinder and make a puree.
- Strain this puree and let it heat again for 5 minutes in a pan.
- Turmeric Corn-Coconut Soup is all ready to relish hot.