This new recipe is another version of a traditional delicacy. I’ve already made this delicious recipe before, yes you are guessing it right. 😉 Once again I got my cravings for Pooran Poli. You can say that I am little obsessed with this amazing, flavorful, traditional, exquisite recipe. 🙂 One day I was going through my Instagram account and I noticed a beautiful pic of traditional Pooran Poli . And suddenly I thought of giving this recipe a new look, and Why not?? 🙂 I love to make fusion when it comes to traditional recipes. I always try to maintain the classic flavors with a new, fancy look to the ancestral delicacies.
So, this aromatic recipe is real ease to make and small bite size bars are so convenient to have. You can make them for any auspicious occasion or just for any regular day. Believe me, this recipe is so addictive because of its wonderful flavors. Cardamom, almonds, split chickpea lentil, Jaggery , coconut flakes and a crisp, soft base make this recipe so lip smacking. So, without wasting time, lets start making this luscious recipe.
Yay…. these aromatic, scrumptious , traditional yet fancy look Pooran Poli Bars are ready to relish. 🙂
see you next
- For Base:
- All purpose Flour - 11/2 Cups
- Unsalted Butter - 1 stick
- Powder Sugar - 1/2 Cup
- For Filling:
- Split Chickpea Lentil - 2 Cups (boiled)
- Jaggery - 1 Cup
- Sweetened Coconut Flakes - 1 Cup
- Cardamom seeds - 1 Tbsp (crushed)
- Almonds - 1/2 Cup(sliced)
- First Soak the split chickpea Lentil for 1.5 hrs. After that wash it and boiled it completely with little water.(otherwise it will be soggy)
- When lentil is cooling down, start preparing the base.
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a small size cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, put butter, flour & powder sugar together and make a dough.
- With light palm pressure, press the dough on a cookie sheet and bake it until lightly browned or for 15 mins.
- Now, cool down this cookie dough for a bit.
- Layered all the filling ingredients on the cookie dough and end up with coconut flakes on the top.
- Bake it for another 10 mins and broil for 2 mins until the coconut flakes turn brown.
- Cool down it for 30 minutes to 1 hour and cut it in to square shape small bars.