After a long India trip, I am back with my favorite thing – Baking. 🙂 So this time, I baked this scrumptious Tea Time Mango Cake. It was almost the tea time when I was baking this cake, otherwise you can relish this delicious spongy cake anytime you want. 🙂 Mango is my all time favorite fruit, and in Florida you can find it almost any day because of warm weather. So, this cake is full of Mango chunks & aromatic with its tropical flavor. Homemade cakes are so yummy & fluffy, sponge base is so delicious to have, especially when it straight out of the oven to the table. 🙂 Warm, spongy, crunchy top make this cake luscious.
This cake is also be serve in the breakfast, or could be a perfect tiffin snack for the kids. All I can say that this Mango cake is just perfect for anytime. This cake can be make with any fruit of your choice. You can choose frozen fruits instead of fresh ones if not available in the grocery stores. Warm, spongy, homemade cakes are everyone’s favorite but when it is full of fruit, its like icing on the cake. 🙂
This lip smacking, warm, fruity, spongy cake is ready. You can serve it at tea time, breakfast or even in kid’s tiffin for snack.
See you next
- All purpose flour - 1-1/4 Cups
- Eggs - 3 large (Room temperature)
- Sugar - 3/4 cups
- Unsalted Butter - 1 stick( Room temperature)
- Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla extract -1 tsp
- Salt -1/2 tsp
- Mango - 1 (Fresh, cut in chunks)
- Baking pan - 9 inch deep
- Multigrain cereal - 2 Tbsp (Totally optional)
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees , take the 9 inch deep baking pan, brushed with some butter and keep aside.
- In a stand mixer OR with the hand mixer, mix sugar and butter together until its light & fluffy.
- Add the 3 large eggs one by one.
- Now, add flour in 3 parts, fold the batter and mix the mango chunks.
- Sprinkle some dry fruits on top of the cake batter. Its totally optional. I sprinkled some multigrain cereal.
- Put all the batter in baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until its golden brown.