Its been a while since I posted the last recipe. I have not been regular to the blog because we moved from Ohio to Florida. A big change 🙂
So, after settling into the new place I finally got some time to come up with this quick recipe:)
This Pistachio & Cranberry Brittle is so easy to make and perfect for holiday seasons. This is a traditional Christmas candy.:) As a kid, I only had peanut brittle in my home, and it was one of my favorite thing to eat. In india, during winters, you can find Peanut & sesame seed Brittle on most of the snack vendors. But, as you know that change is always good 🙂 So, I changed this peanut brittle recipe with Pistachio & Cranberries. Dried cranberries is an easily available option and Pistachio is so aromatic and contrast beautifully with cranberries. The flavor of these two ingredients scrumptiously compliment each other.
Pistachio & Cranberry Brittle is also a great holiday gift to your dear ones when especially it is homemade. 🙂 This recipe has a long shelf life so you can leave this on your kitchen counter in an air tight container. Just 3 ingredients & very little time makes a flavorful, a little crunchy & luscious recipe. So, lets start making this Pistachio & Cranberry Brittle.
This Pistachio & Cranberry Brittle is ready to serve or pack for the holiday season. 🙂
- Pistachio( No shell) - 1/4 Cup
- Dried Cranberries - 1/4 Cup
- Sugar - 1 Cup ( You can choose Jaggery instead of Sugar)
- Water- 2 Tbsp
- A Cookie Sheet & Parchment/Butter Paper
- Lined a baking sheet with parchment/butter paper and set aside.
- In a pan, take sugar & water on a medium-low flame.
- Lets sugar melt completely and caramelized. It will take a little time to caramelized.
- When sugar is in brown color and caramelized, put the pistachio & Cranberries and mixed them.
- Now transfer this mix on lined up parchment paper. Be cautious, melted sugar is very high in temperature.
- spread it with a spatula and let it cool down completely. You can cut it in any shape you want or just roughly brick them with the hands.