A rainy day, a little chilly weather and I can sit back for a long time and relax with this hot Turmeric Corn-Coconut soup all day. 🙂 The flavor of corn & coconut makes you calm & energize. My little one is a big time Soup lover in my home. I’ve tried others soup combinations but this soup gave me that perfect taste I was trying to make for a long time. And guess what, this Turmeric Corn-Coconut soup passed my little one’s criteria with flying colors. 🙂 This healthy & flavorful soup makes everyone happy including the little foodies.
I used turmeric in my soup for two reasons. First, this herb is an antibiotic and has many other nutritions, although long used in Ayurvedic Medicines to treat various diseases. Second, turmeric powder gives a nice color to any food. Corn & coconut makes a perfect combo especially when it comes to a soup recipe. Both ingredients have a mild sweet flavor and I mixed these delicious ingredients with other healthy veggies. Use of a little piece of red pumpkin, onion, potato, ginger & some black pepper corns added this soup in my all time favorite list. 🙂
Believe me this Turmeric Corn-Coconut soup will appetize your tastebuds. You can make this quick recipe anytime and relish this hot & scrumptious Soup.
See you next
- 1 Cup - Corn Kernels ( I used fresh corn and a full corn)
- 1 Can - Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup - Red Pumpkin ( in chunks)
- 1/2 Onion
- 1- Potato ( I used Red Potato)
- 1 Tbsp - Ginger
- 1/2 tsp - Garlic
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 8-10 - Black Pepper Corns
- Salt to your taste
- This recipe is for 2 people, so you can adjust the amount of ingredients according to your need.
- First, collect all the corn kernels from the corn, in case you are using a full corn. ( you can use frozen corn kernels too).
- In a nonstick pan, put corn kernels, coconut milk, onion, potato, ginger, garlic, salt, turmeric powder & black pepper corns and let them boil for 10 -15 minutes on medium flame.
- Check in intervals, when Pumpkin & Potato are fully cooked then switch off the flame and cool down the veggies for couple of minutes.
- Now, grind this vegetable stew in grinder and make a puree.
- Strain this puree and let it heat again for 5 minutes in a pan.
- Turmeric Corn-Coconut Soup is all ready to relish hot.