My cravings for chicken inspired me to do something new with it. Whenever I make chicken for my friends, I try to give them a new & a different flavor. I have tried Orange Chicken couple of times, but Mango is always on my hit list in the summer. 🙂 My tastebuds are always amazed with Mango & Mint combo. And, I planned to make these chicken thigh pieces with my favorite Mint & Mango flavors. This Mint & Mango Puree Pan seared Chicken has appetizing tropical flavors. Mango & Mint is the perfect combo for summer, especially when you are making some Mango drink. So, this time chicken marination is inspired by homemade “Aam panna”. 🙂 The blend of mint, mango, black pepper & black salt make this marination very distinct.
A perfect piquant flavor make this pan seared chicken palatable. A pungent flavor of Mint and tangy Mango gives a perfect tartness to the chicken. Easy to make and full of tropical flavors, this Mint & Mango Puree Chicken is perfect dish for the summer party. 🙂 I chose to make this chicken pan seared, because this marination a little runny. If you are grilling this marinated chicken, the puree will not stay with the chicken. Hence it is very easy to make in a pan because all the puree is still there to give the chicken those tropical flavors. 🙂
So, pick a mango & handful of mint leaves and start making this delectable dish for anytime appetizer, dinner or party. 🙂
Now, this Mint & Mango Puree Chicken is ready. serve it with green Mint & Cilantro chutney and some onion.
see you next
- 2 - Mango ( should not be raw)( Cut Mangoes in chunks)
- 6-7 - Chicken Thigh pieces( I used Organic)
- 10-12 - Mint Leaves
- 1/4 tsp - Black Pepper Powder
- 1/4 tsp - Crushed Red Chili
- 1/2 tsp - Black Salt ( up to your taste)
- 1/2 inch - Ginger root (cut it into chunks)
- 1 - Green chili
- A blender
- Wash the chicken thigh pieces and poke the chicken with the fork a couple of times keep aside in a bowl.
- In a blender, put mango chunks, mint, black pepper powder, crushed red chili, black salt, ginger root chunks & green chili together and make a puree. (Don’t add water)
- Marinate the chicken pieces with this puree for atleast 30 mins.
- In a nonstick pan, put some oil and seared the marinated chicken completely from the both sides.
- Cook all the marinated chicken pieces.