Its peak summer here at my place, and sometimes we want to eat light meal in the heat. So, I decided to prepare Brussel sprouts & Quinoa Salad. When it comes to salad, I love to add Brussel Sprouts to it. This miniature cabbage look alike is powerhouse of multi nutritions & multi-vitamins. Brussel Sprouts are very low in saturated fat & Cholesterol. On the other hand Quinoa doesn’t need any intro for its health benefits. Salads are anytime favorite of my family and sometimes we have salads as an Entree. Yes, salads are perfect appetizer, but you can customize a salad to be served as a main dish. 🙂
I used Balsamic vinegar for roasting Brussel sprouts, Onion,Tomato and tossed this salad with roasted Almonds & Peanuts. 🙂 Balsamic vinegar gives a nice sweet flavor to vegetables when you roast them in oven. Balsamic Vinegar, Olive oil, Kosher salt & Black Pepper powder made all vegetables so delicious and full of flavors. I added pan roasted almonds & Peanuts to give this salad a nutty & crunchy flavor. This Brussel Sprout-Quinoa Salad is perfect power pack as a lunch/dinner meal.
So, don’t worry about the lunch/dinner menu, just make this powerful & appetizing Salad Entree in no time. 🙂
Now, arrange your salad and enjoy this palatable entree. 🙂
See you next 🙂
- 10-12 - Brussel Sprouts
- 1/3 Cup - Quinoa
- 1 - Red Onion
- 1- Tomato
- 1-2 tsp - Balsamic Vinegar
- 1-2 tsp - Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp - Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp - Crushed Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp - Lemon juice
- 2 TBSP - Chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 Cup - Mixed nuts( I used almonds & peanuts)
- Preheat the oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Cut Brussel Sprouts in halves, Onion in wedges, and tomato in chunks and put all these veggies on prepared cookie sheet.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar, olive oil , salt & pepper over the veggies.
- Roast them for approximately 15-20 minutes or until they turned in golden brown color.
- In the meantime, put 1/3 cup of Quinoa in pressure cooker by adding 2/3 cups of water to it. Cook the quinoa completely.
- When vegetables are done, keep them out from the oven and cool down for couple of minutes.
- Now, Quinoa and roasted vegetables are ready.
- Arrange your salad. I put Quinoa first in the plate with 1/2 tsp of lemon juice, then added the roasted vegetables. Put pan roasted mixed nuts & chopped coriander leaves on top of the salad.