While checking my Instagram recently, I noticed that Pavlova Cakes are all around on social media. This exquisite dessert is very easy in making and I could not stop myself from making it. A Pavlova Cake is made of egg whites meringue with the use of sugar and piled up with wheat cream and fruits. This dessert is named after Russian ballerina dancer Anna Pavlova…. quite interesting. 🙂 There are two reasons behind making of these individual Rose flavored Pavlova cakes. First, I love Roses. 🙂 Second, I recently bought some dried rose petals from health foods unlimited store 🙂
Pavlova Cake’s outer shell is crisp & crunchy, and a soft, moist marshmallow like centre. The best thing about this dessert is, it is made of egg white which is very high in protein & cholesterol free, sugar free and ultimate source of vitamins & minerals. So many good things in one dessert…. and I am sure that you are also gonna love it 🙂 Simple & traditional Pavlova cake has no additional flavor in it. But, I decided to give this traditional dessert recipe a new flavor. 🙂 Dried Rose Petal are so aromatic and can be use in any dessert, they are so pretty pink in color. Dried Rose Petals will give pavlova cakes a nice fragrance and will make them distinctive. This sophisticated dessert makes your celebration & holidays more festive.Try out these Rose flavored Pavlova mini cakes for your any celebration & holiday. You can store these pavlova cakes in an airtight container for several days(without whipping cream) and decorate them whenever you want. 🙂
Now enjoy these little Rose Pavlova cakes.
See you next
P.S. – Use 1-2 TBSP dried rose petals in a grinder and make powder out of it. Now you can use this powder in any recipe you want.
- Pavlova Cakes:
- 3 Eggs - Egg Whites(should be at room temperature)
- 3/4 Cups - Caster/Granulated Sugar(if you want a less sweet, then use 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1 Tsp - Cornstarch OR ( 1/4 tsp cream of tarter)
- 1 Tsp - dried Rose petals powder
- Stand/Hand mixer
- Piping bag with 1 mm tip (Optional)(you can you the other tip of your choice)
- Baking sheet
- parchment Paper
- 1 Cup - Heavy whipping cream
- 1.5 TBSP - Cream Cheese
- 2 TBSP - Sugar
- 1 TBSP - Dried Rose Petals for decorating (optional)
- Pavlova Cakes:
- Preheat your oven at 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In stand/hand mixer,beat the egg whites with the rose petals powder for 1 min.
- When it reaches soft peaks, slowly add the sugar in little parts and at high speed mix this egg whites & sugar for 5 more mins.
- You’ll get soft & glossy peaks. Mix Rose essence & Vanilla essence. Mix 1 tsp cornstarch very gently with spatula until it blends completely.
- Fill the piping bag with the meringue and make small rose shape cakes. You can make approximately 18 individual cakes with this prepared mixture.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes. After that switch off your oven and let your mini cakes in the oven for another 20-25 minutes.
- The mini Rose Pavlova cakes are ready. let them cool down for 30 minutes.
- In stand/Hand mixer, beat the cream cheese for 30 sec, then add heavy whipping cream with sugar until fluffy.
- You can also add some food color if you want. I preferred simple white cream.
- Fill your cream in piping bag and decorate the mini Rose pavlova cakes with dried rose petals on top.