Summer is here and this is the perfect time for outdoor picnics, BBQs, and other lots of fun. Grilling is the key part of summer. So, me & my family always enjoy outdoor picnics and grilling. My husband is vegetarian and he loves grilled veggie burgers while I enjoy grilled chicken. 😉 A couple of days back we got some frozen veggie patties from the supermarket. But then I thought, why not prepare veggie patties at home instead of buying from the grocery store? I could make these patties anytime and freeze any extras so that my family could relish anytime these delicious veggie patties.
Black chickpea (known as Kala Chana in India) has many nutritions & homemade Indian cottage cheese(paneer) is made from whole milk. Both are healthy ingredients, and these veggie patties are loaded with these healthy & tasteful ingredients. 1 Cup of Boiled Black chickpea (kala chana) contains 269 calories and 4 grams of total fat and this ingredient is high in fiber too. So, I thought of making veggie patties for my family by using these beneficial ingredients. Use of Indian cottage cheese( Paneer) makes black chickpea moist and easily bindable. You can grill these patties or just shallow fry in a pan and relish when hot & fresh.
You can use these delightful, savory veggie patties in burger, taco, tortilla and relish as per your choice. 🙂 We relished some of them immediately and freeze the leftovers. So, we could enjoy our burger time when we want. 🙂
Hope you like this recipe.
See you next
- 1 Cup - Black Chickpea ( Boiled )
- 1 Cup - Indian Cottage Cheese ( Paneer) crumbled
- 2 TBSP - Ricotta Cheese (optional)
- 1 - Slice of bread( toasted)
- 1 tsp - black peppercorns
- 2 - Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp - Red Pepper Powder
- 1/2 TbSP - salt (up to your taste)
- 1/2 tsp - All spices powder
- 3-4 TBSP - Oil ( your choice)2
- Fresh Parsley Leaves - Optional
- Soak 3/4 Cups black chickpea for at least 6 hours. They will expand their size.
- Boil them completely in pressure cooker for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Now, in a food processor, take 1 cup boiled black chick peas, 1 cup of Indian cottage cheese( I used homemade), garlic cloves, pepper powder, 2 TBSP Ricotta cheese, Salt, & all spices powder.
- Make a dough and rub a little oil on your palms and make patties and set aside.
- Now in a pan, heat 1 TBSP oil and shallow fry the patties from both sides.
- Your healthy veggie patties are ready.