I am so happy to share this recipe as this is the first recipe publishing on my new website https://www.mydreamfeathers.com. 🙂
These buttermilk biscuits are very popular in the Unites States and people love to have them as snack/appetizer. These crusty top and flakey baked biscuits are made of flour, buttermilk and baking powder(you can use egg also).I got the idea for these biscuits while watching a baking show on Netflix one day. Seeing those bakers baking different goods inspired me to try something new and I thought why not make some crispy spicy baked biscuits. I immediately started the preparation and these biscuits were ready in no time and in time to serve these with tea to my husband when he returns from his work. 🙂
I wanted these biscuits to look golden brown, crusty top & bottom, soft & flakey when you break them in half. So, I was very happy when they turned out as I thought. 🙂 I also used some ground spices & fresh herb along with the buttermilk which gave the biscuits a unique salty-spicy flavor. So you can enjoy some aromatic spices with each bite.
Serve these biscuits hot with butter, jam, & cream to amaze your friends, family or guests. Spread your choice of butter or Jam and serve them for breakfast. Use them with tea for snacks or, serve as an appetizer with soup right before your dinner. 🙂
So, let’s making these golden brown baked biscuits right away. 🙂
- All purpose Flour - 2 Cups ( some extra for dusting)
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp
- Baking Soda -1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Spices( of your choice) - 1 TBSP ( I used mix of red chili flakes, garlic powder, parsley flakes )
- Buttermilk - 3/4 Cups
- Cheese ( of your choice) - 1/2 Cup ( I used blend of 4 cheese)
- Fresh herb - 2-3 TBSP ( I used fresh & organic chives)
- Preheat your oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, take all dry ingredients(including spices) and mix well.
- Add buttermilk and knead a soft dough.
- Transfer your dough on the kitchen counter and press it from your fingers to make a rectangle shape.
- Dust some flour on the kitchen counter and roll it with a rolling pin.
- Now, sprinkle half of cheese and fresh herb and fold it from both sides and roll it again. Repeat this step two times only.
- After repeating 2 times, roll your dough in 1/4th mm thickness and cut with a cookie cutter. I used square shape small cookie cutter and made around 24-26 biscuits.
- Transfer your biscuits on cookie sheet and brush them with some buttermilk before transfer them into the oven.
- Bake them for 20 mins or until they turned in golden brown color.
- Yummy… these crusty top & bottom, soft & flakey biscuits are ready to relish. Hope, you will like this recipe.
See you next time 🙂