So, I am speaking with my mom over phone one morning and at the same time wondering what I’ll cook for lunch that day. So, I ask her what’s she cooking for dinner that night hoping that it would give me some ideas and resolve my dilemma. She tells me that she is making Makki ka parantha (yellow corn flour) with Gobhi-aloo (Cauliflower-potato). One of my mom’s favorite and mine too. Hmm. Yummy…
And instead of lunch I got an idea for a starter or snack. 🙂
Yellow Corn flour (Makki ka atta) is really nutritious and healthy. Corn Flour is a complex carbohydrate which provides sustainable energy for the entire day. Something that’s needed in winters when your body tend to feel tired. It is very soft to knead and has a distinct flavor. So, I decided that I shall make Yellow Corn Flour Crisps. And, as I mentioned before, these aromatic “Makki ka Atta” chapatis taste so good with cauliflower vegetable, so I decided to use cauliflower in a different way. I made a creamy cauliflower dip which was just perfect with the crisps. A creamy, fluffy Cauliflower dip.
Served with the tea, it made a delicious evening snack. 🙂
So, let’s not wait any further and start making this mouthwatering dish with me. Believe me, this recipe will not disappoint you 🙂
Serves – (2-3 People)
Preparation Time – 30 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Creamy Cauliflower Dip:
- Grated Cauliflower – 1 Cup
- Coconut Milk – 1 Cup(170 ml if diluted with water)( Here I used frozen desiccated coconut , grind it and strain to get coconut milk)
- Cream cheese – 2 Tbsp
- Mozzarella Cheese – 1 Tbsp
- Dry Red Chilli – 1 -2
- Curry Leaves – 3-4
- Salt – 1 tsp ( As per your taste)
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Pinch
For Yellow Corn Flour Crisps:
- Yellow Corn flour – 1 Cup
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1/2 Cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli powder -1/4 tsp
- Chopped Cilantro – 1 Tbsp
- oil -1 Tbsp
- Water – 1/2 Cup +1 Tbsp
- Round shape cookie cutter
- Oil – for shallow frying the crisps
Creamy Cauliflower Dip:
- In a pan, take 1 cup grated cauliflower and coconut milk.
- Add salt, dry red chillies, turmeric powder and curry leaves to it.
- Turn on the heat and let cook this mixture for about 10 mins on medium to low flame.
- When you get a little thick consistency, add cream cheese & mozzarella cheese and stir continuously for about 5 more minutes.
- Let this mixture cool down for a bit.
- Now, grind this mixture in grinder to make a smooth paste.
- Your coconut & cheese flavor cauliflower dip is ready.
Yellow Corn Flour Crisps:
- Take yellow corn flour, wheat flour, salt, red chili powder, chopped cilantro and oil in a bowl.
- Now, add little water at at time to make a soft dough. It will take 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp water to make a soft dough.
- Let rest the dough for 15 mins.
- Now dust your counter with corn flour and roll out the dough.
- Use round shape cookie cutter to cut out the corn flour round shapes from the dough.
- Heat the pan, add some oil. When pan is hot enough on medium heat, add the corn flour round shapes.
- Shallow fry them until to get the crisp, golden color flour crisps.
Wow, these beautiful yellow corn flour crisps are ready to relish with creamy cauliflower dip. Try them and let me know how they turned out .
See you next week 🙂