It’s been a while since I last posted a recipe. I was actually on a vacation and did not get a chance to post anything after that. But hey, better late than never. So, Here I am with the recipe for amazing Apple Avocado Rolls. 🙂 I first tried these delicious avocado rolls at BJ’s brewhouse and I just loved the rolls.
I am sure you all keep reading about Avocado almost every other day. It is one of the healthiest fruits. I first tried it in the form of salsa at a friend’s place and liked its creamy texture. I have been regularly using avocado since then, sometimes in salad but mostly as a salsa with corn chips. 🙂
Anyways, coming back to the recipe. While cutting some fruits for a fruit salad one day, I noticed an avocado and a green apple in my fruit basket. I wanted to make the avocado rolls but seeing that apple there gave me the idea to instead make an apple-avocado roll. I am sure at this point you must be thinking what kind of combination is that. 🙂 Well, as you all know that Avocado has a creamy texture but no taste. I wanted to give a little sweet-sourness to my rolls. And the green apple would do just that. It will give it a nice & subtle taste to the Avocado paste. And believe me that these apple-avocado rolls turned out so delicious. I also made a spicy dip to go with the rolls.
So, without wasting any more time, let’s start the preparation to make this amazing snack/appetizer 🙂
Serving : 2 -3 People
Preparation Time :15-20 mins
Thaw Time : Spring roll sheets – 30-45 mins.
- Spring Roll sheets (already thawed)
- Green Apple -1
- Avocado – 1
- Chilli flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – As per your taste
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
Smoke Pepper hot sauce:
- Colored mini bell peppers – 4-5
- Dry Red chillies – 3-4
- Garlic – 1-2 cloves
- Salt – 1/2 tsp (As per your taste)
- Chaat Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 2-3 tbsp
Apple – Avocado Rolls:
- Wash & cut the green apple in small chunks and keep aside.
- Peel off the avocado and mashed it a little bit with the help of fork, and mix it with apple in a bowl and keep aside.
- Mix chill flakes, salt & lemon juice to the mashed avocado and apple mixture.
- Now, start heat the oil in a pan for frying the spring roll sheets.
- Take a one already thawed spring roll sheet and fill it with 1-2 tbsp of apple- avocado mixture and keep aside.
- Repeat the above step until your apple-avocado mixture finish.
- With this mixture, you can make 6-8 spring rolls.
Smoke Pepper hot sauce:
- Roast your mini bell peppers on your gas top grill. They will take hardly 1-2 mins.
- once they are done, cool down the grilled bell peppers for just couple of minutes.
- In the meantime, in a pan, roast the dry red chillies & garlic cloves and keep aside.
- In a grinder, mix grilled peppers, roasted red chillies and garlic cloves with salt & chaat masala.
- Add a 2-3 tbsp of water to make a smooth paste.
Your Apple – Avocado Rolls are ready to dig in with this smoke pepper hot sauce.
Bon Appetite friends. See you next week !