This scrumptious dessert reminds me of my childhood and my second dessert recipe for the festive season. I feel nostalgic when it comes to this delectable dessert. I still remember, growing up how me and my brother would always insist our mom to make ice-cream at home. She used to spend a lot of time to make the best milk ice-cream for us.
I am sure most of you (if not all 🙂 ) would have similar childhood memories. I know, everyone wants to make easy, instant and delicious sweet treat for the family and the guests. But, it takes a lot of time to make a nice creamy consistency kulfi at home.
I’ve tried some nice homemade ice-creams but never got the same taste as my mom’s ice-cream. A couple of days back, I saw the readymade Basundi (a milk based Indian dessert which is widely used in Gujrat, Maharashtra and Karnataka) mix at Indian grocery store and got the idea of making an ice-cream with it. And a couple of hours later, I was enjoying the same taste and reliving the childhood memories.
This is the perfect, instant frozen cups/kulfi which everyone can enjoy anytime.
So, lets get started and make these quick and luscious kulfi cups and make your family and friends happy in no time. 🙂
Serves : ( 5-6 People)
Preparation time : 20-25 mins
Freezing time – 1-1.5 hours
- Instant Basundi Mix – 1 packet ( from Indian grocery store)
- Cool Whip – 5-6 Tbsp
- Heavy Bottom Pan
- Freezing Molds – 5-6 ( You can choose regular ice tray too)
- Prepare Basundi from instant basundi mix following the packet instructions. It will take 10-12 mins.
- Let this Basundi cool down at room temperature. You can use ice cubes in a vessel and put your hot Basundi vessel on top of it for instant cooling.
- Once cool down the Basundi, mix 5-6 Tbsp cool whip in this mixture and pour it in your favorite freezing molds for 1-1.5 hrs.
Ahi Esta…. your beautiful, creamy frozen Quick Kulfi Cups are ready to enjoy. Please let me know how you like this another quick dessert for this festive season.
See you soon fellas